So we’re all facing this new way of living and for some of us we just don’t know what to do with ourselves. Personally, we are looking at this time as a pause and reset period which gives us the opportunity to remember what really matters and what is actually important to us. It also gives us the opportunity to catch up on all those things that have been lurking on our “one day when I have time” list.
What is your mindset during this period? Imagine coming out of isolation with a plan to get you to where you want to be. You have a choice to make this isolation time 100% worth it or you can waste it and have nothing to show at the end of it. The choice is completely yours…… If you have already exhausted all your ideas and now you’re stuck with what to invest your time into then please read on as there is bound to be something here that you can add to your list.
So let’s do this……let’s get creative, let’s get organised, let’s be motivated and get shit done.
- Clean out every cupboard in the house – we’re talking your clothes, socks, shoes, kitchen appliances, study, bathroom and any knick knack drawers!! Pull everything out, clean the shelves/drawers, do a cull of everything that was once living there then put the “must haves” back. Donate anything that is in good nick to charity and bin the rest. We don’t know about you, but we always feel “cleansed” when we do a proper clean out.
- Get those garden beds looking schmick……now is the perfect time to weed the gardens, add some fresh mulch and plant some new flowers / plants especially since the weather is getting cooler. As you will be spending more time in your gardens and around your house, don’t you want it to be looking the best it’s ever been so you can make the most of it and enjoy it.
- Whilst we’re talking about your inner green thumb, why not make a herb garden. We’ve seen this trending on the insta stories at the moment so grab some ideas from Instagram or pinterest and start your own. Let’s not forget the financial gain from this in the long term if you frequently cook with herbs.
- Try a couple of new recipes each week. Now is the time to expand your cooking knowledge and add to your repertoire. We’re all guilty of saving a million recipes which we then never make so now is your time.
- Re-arrange your bedroom or lounge room and have some fun with re-decorating your house. You don’t need new home deco to do this, you can just mix and match your rooms based on what you already have. New lounge room, who dis?
- Do all your odd jobs – paint that wall, hang those paintings, install those skirting boards. You have oodles of time on the weekend to get these jobs done once and for all.
- Read a book – talk to your friends and family and get some good book recommendations. Just enjoy this period of quietness and kick your feet up and relax.
- How about doing some up-skilling? You could learn a new language, or learn a new skill.
- Clean your car! It might be due for a good vacumn or wash so now is the time to get that car looking brand new again.
- Bring out your creative inner self and find yourself a new hobby – whether that’s making cards, scrap booking, doing cross-stitching, knitting, painting, adult colouring in, woodworks etc. If you don't know where to start then have a little google because there are so many tutorials on how to do any of the above things. Have some fun with it and be creative!
Much love from the Akia Rose Activewear team xx